Tuesday 4 January 2011

Nought in

There has been a slight run out of supplies chez moi this evening. This was proved by the following conversation.

Da: Would you like your home made vegetable soup before or after your supermarket bread?
Me: I think I will have both together, please.
Da: You realize this will mean your dinner will only have one course? Mine will have two.
Me: Yes, but I have thought of dessert.
Da: Oh?
Me: We have Bird's Custard powder and milk. We can have custard.
Da: With what?
Me: With custard of course.....or maybe banana
Da: I hate banana.
Me: Me too.

I think this is a sign of things to come. On the plus side though, dinner was scrummy because the soup was yummy. It was made of carrots and parsnips, potatoes, onions and a swede. Nothing like the bottom of a veg bag to sort a dinner crisis. Now, I am off to watch the stars move around the sky, as they should do near Epiphany. :)

1 comment:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Love the blog..found you via Fr Pat..